Supreme Court Hearing on Definition of Marriage
Wed, 22 Apr 2015 - 3:25 PM CST
PRAYER ALERT: Supreme Court Hearing on Marriage Redefinition
On Tuesday, April 28, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments for and
against redefining marriage in America. If there was ever a time for
the Church to pray fervently and speak up firmly for marriage, the
family, and our freedom, that time is now. Please consider the following
guidelines as you pray.
- Pray for God’s wisdom and protection upon presenters who will uphold the biblical position on marriage as being between a man and a woman.
- Pray that defenders of biblical marriage will speak with boldness and
clarity, presenting authoritative and compelling Scriptural arguments.
- Pray that our Supreme Court justices will have “ears to hear” as arguments for biblical marriage are presented.
- Pray against powers of darkness that may seek to bring confusion or discord in the midst of the proceedings.
- Pray that those who seek to redefine marriage will understand that
embracing same-sex relations does not reflect an enlightened
understanding of human sexuality or marriage, but is a perversion as old
as human sexuality itself, having brought God’s severe judgment upon
Sodom and Gomorrah as recorded in Genesis 19.
- Pray that
Christ-followers across the nation and globally will fervently intercede
prior to and during the arguments presented on April 28.
- Pray that the Supreme Court will stand in favor of biblical marriage.